How to choose the right web design company for your business
Date Posted: Mon 16th January 2017
Because your business' website is going to play such a huge role in creating customers or clients, it is imperative that you pick the right web design company. Here are five tips to help you choose the right designer for your business:
- Look at their portfolio and track record. Past performance is a good indication of how well they will be able to follow your instructions and produce a great website for your business. Most web design companies will have a portfolio posted to their own website, but even if they do not, it’s always a good idea to ask for references or for samples of their past work.
- Ask about how your project will be handled. One of the downfalls of choosing a big design firm that handles thousands of accounts on a weekly basis is not being able to get the personalised service that you need and want. Smaller firms can usually give more personalised service. While they might not all assign your entire project to a single person, the right firm will be extremely communicative and will work together to provide the very best result.
- Pay attention to how they communicate. You want a web design company that wants to work with you. A company that doesn’t seem interested in answering your questions or doesn’t want to collaborate with you is probably not going to produce a website that you love and that meets your needs. Pay attention to how quickly they get back to you and the tone of their responses.
- Make sure the company can take care of everything you need to have done. Some companies will only create a design—they won’t actually be able to produce it for you. Others will be able to recreate someone else’s design but they won’t have a designer on staff. You want to work with a company that has the ability to shepherd your project from the development stage, all the way to launch (and maybe even beyond).
- Is their work high quality? Above all else, you want the result to be a functional, attractive website that draws your visitors in and converts them to clients or customers for your business. That means clean code that is easy to modify.